Thursday, July 18, 2013

You're Beautiful Review

                Hey it’s Ms. Lee Min Ho, so our Infinite post got a lot of views and we are happy about that yay!!!!!!  Today’s review will be about the Korean drama Your Beautiful. It came out on October 7, 2009 and ended on November 26, 2009; every episode is longer than an hour and it has 16 episodes. I was truly pleased with this drama especially because it was super cute.
                A.N.JELL’s company wants to add a new member to their boy band which is made up of 3 guys. So, this boy named Mi Nam got the interview but the only problem is that he is in the U.S undergoing a nose surgery that kind of went wrong but luckily he has a twin sister and his manager decides to look for her. He ends up finding her but the only problem is that she is living in a convent getting ready to become a nun. He decides to ask her to cross-dress has her brother to pass the interview with A.N.JELL’s management. At first she was hesitant about it but then accepted the offer because she really cares for her brother and it was just for one day.  She goes to the interview and passes it but the leader doesn’t really like her and she has to cross dress as a boy for more than a day after the interview. Now the only reason she does it is because she is hoping to find her mother.





                This drama was really adorable and I really enjoyed it. The acting was pretty good not amazing I felt that Go Mi Nam played by Park Shin Hye (who is soon to come out in a drama with lee min ho so exciting!!) acted to cute to be playing a male character once again I feel that the casting directors should have picked someone who looks like a guys and doesn’t act to cute. But, I really did enjoy her even though she still looked like a girl she did a pretty good job. Jeremy played by Lee Hong Ki was so lovely he was like a little boy. He was such a big idiot in a delightful way and I felt so bad for him because he fell so hard for Go Mi Nam. My favorite character in the overall drama was Kang Shin Woo played by Jung Yong Hwa; his character had a very mature feel for him and he was really protective toward Go Mi Nam even though she never knew that he knew her secret. Hwang Tae Kyung played by Jang Geun Suk is your average male lead that is cold hearted at first then starts falling for the girl which I really like those type of characters even though at times they act like super jerks. I loved it when he did this cute little thing with his lip I don’t know how to describe it but it was so adorable hahaha. What I didn’t like about the drama is that Shin Woo never told her he knew her secret and because of that he had absolutely no chance for her to fall for him. He was just always in the background protecting her and feeling like an idiot enduring all the pain because it was only a one sided love.  I also really hated Mo Hwa Ran played by Kim Sung Ryung who was Tae Kyung’s mom huhhhh she was totally weirdo I hated her so much all she did was make Kyung suffer and never care for him until the end of the drama. I am pretty sure she wouldn’t have cared if he was died because she was after a man that was just out of her reach instead of caring for her own child. I also, loathed Yoo He Yi played by Uee ooo my gosh huhh she just made everything worse and then there was this part of the drama were she give Go Mi Nam these shoes that Shin Woo was going to give Mi Nam but at the end didn’t. When he saw her wearing the shoes you could see so much pain in him I was suffering for him because you knew how much love and thought he put into the shoes and someone else giving the shoes to her instead of him. But, there are many parts that I loved about this drama and I can’t forget. So, the part wear Mi Nam calls Shin Woo to asking him were she could get cheap men clothes and at the end it was like a little date over the phone and he was just following her around telling her what parts were good places to shop and eat. Then he tells her to stand were she was and to just start walking because he was in front of her . He was about to confess to her and tell her he knew everything right about when she was about to see him she got a phone call from Kyung so she turned around and left. Errrr I was so mad because she was about to know that he knew and I was hoping that she would maybe fall for him but no she just left!!!!! I was in so much agony when that happened I was so heartbroken for him. I also, liked the part were Jeremy and Mi Nam were in the bus and he was brokenhearted because Mi Nam didn’t feel the same way towards him. He was just crying on the bus and he had to be in a radio program so he decides to sing through the phone. As he was singing a cute song about how much he loved a girl he was crying and I just started crying with him at that point I felt so bad for him. The part that hurt me the most was when he told her when they get out of the bus he was going to be back to normal. When they got out he stopped crying and was bubbly again; he acted as nothing happen which was so aching to watch. I love Hong Ki he did such an amazing job and was perfect for the character.

                I give this drama an 8 out of 10 monohorns it was really well made and it wasn’t perfect. The acting wasn’t always great and it could have been done better but overall I feel that many people could enjoy this drama. I feel that if you are the type who doesn’t like gender benders you might like watching this one just give it a chance. So, I really recommend this drama to everyone!!!! Thanks for reading my post please check out my previous post which was about Infinite’s new MV Destiny.








Question: Which kpop group would you join and cross dress as the opposite sex to be in it? Please leave a comment answering this question and your opinions about this drama.

I personally would cross dress for CN Blue so I could fall in love with either Yonghwa or Jonghyun ahahaha.


Trailer (the best i could find):

Jeremy crying and singing:

Watch Drama:







No comments:

Post a Comment