Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ikemen Desu ne Review

                Hello, it’s Ms. Lee Min Ho with another review for you today. So, todays review is about Ikemen Desu ne also known as He’s Beautiful. This Japanese drama is a remake form the very popular Korean Drama Your Beautiful which came out in 2009. The drama came out on July 15, 2011 and ended on September, 2011; it has 11 episodes and each one is less than 50 minutes long. I liked the drama it did an astonishing job on remaking it but it was very short and because of that many things had to be cut out to fit the 11 episodes.
                Mio Sakuraba had an interview to be able to get in the most famous group in Japan A.N.JELL. But he was stuck in the states because of a noise surgery he had to go through. So, his manger decides to go find his twin sister Miko Sakuraba so she could cross dress as her brother. She decides to do it thinking it was only for one day but no it was about 1 month. The leader of A.N.JELL doesn’t really like her and he ends up finding about her secret. What will happen to her secret as soon as he knows?
                I really enjoyed this drama it was as great as the original one in my opinion and it did a great job on not changing many things from the Korean version.  Miori Takimoto who plays the twins Mio and Miko Sakuraba did a fantastic job she really did manage to act exactly the same as the original character but once again she looks super girly even dressed as a boy but her acting was fantastic.  Ren Katsuragi played Yuta Tamamori also acted the same as the original character you could see that he watched the Korean version and study the character because of that he was able to get his personality on the spot. I actually liked him better than the Korean version mostly because I thought he was cuter I know I shouldn’t judge on looks hahaha. Shu Fujishiro played by Taisuke Fujigaya did a good job I liked Yonghwa better personally I felt that he gave his character more of a mature feel to him but Fujigaya did a really great job but wasn’t my favorite character in this drama. I was kind of disappointed with Yuki Hong played by Hikaru Yaotome because he didn’t act as cute as Hong Ki acted and I expected a little more from his character. I felt that he could have acted a little better but he didn’t act terrible. One of my favorite characters who wasn’t really important to the drama was Toru played by Tanoshingo becasues he was freaking adorable and he bugged Hongo about being gay which I thought was just so cute hahaha. I wasn’t disappointed with this drama at all it was practically a perfect replica of the original one and they were able to portray my favorite scene of the drama which was when Fujishiro following Mio and telling her were to go through the phone and I felt that I was just rewatching it again but with different actors. I was kind of mad that when Yuki Hongo was crying in the bus because he didn’t start singing that happy song I felt that the song is what really made the scene and the reason why people liked it. But, I was happy that when he got out of the bus he actually made himself happy again even though it had to be super hard for him. Overall, the drama did an amazing job even though so many parts had to be cut out so it could fit all the 11 episodes but drama was very delightful and amusing.
                I give this drama a 7.7 out of 10 monohorns because it wasn’t as good as the first one and because they didn’t add one of my favorite parts to the drama which took the sad affect away from it. But, overall it was super good and followed the original drama. It also introduced me to two new Jpop groups which are Kis-My-Ft2 and Hey Say Jump! I will recommend this drama to anyone who wants a romance and gender bender. Thanks for reading our blog please check out my previous post which was about Your Beautiful.


Qeustion: Which version of Your Beautiful did you like the best? Leave a comment answering the question and your opinions about the dramas.

Sorry couldn't find a good trailer on YouTube.

Watch Drama:














No comments:

Post a Comment