Friday, July 26, 2013

Kagerou Days: Night Talk Decieve

Konnichiwa~ 
Today I'll be going over another song from the Kagerou Days series. This song centers around my favorite character in the Mekakushi Dan: Shuuya Kano, who has the power to manipulate how others perceive him. In short, he's a liar who deceive everyone around him, which he usually does to put others at ease around him. Even if he's serious or worried, he'll make them see him as smirking idiot who seems complete carefree in order to keep the rest of the group calm. He's aloof and unfocused, but he's reliable and obviously cares about the group, often playing the role of the leader. This song is Kano talking to you, telling you a story about himself and his pain, of the mess inside his head as lies and lies build up, how he thinks he's a monster who can only deceive others, I think even including himself. Its one of my favorite songs in the series (tied with Children Record, Lost Time Memory, Transparent Answer, and Heat-Haze). The songs great, the video is simply amazing, it shows he's agony and the chaos within his heart. I also like how he includes Seto and Kido, whom he grew up with in the orphanage and with Ayano. He calls Seto the "boy who hates lies that make people lies" which I think is referring to the fact that Seto was bullied when he was little, being constantly hurt because of his timid nature. Then he calls Kido "the girl who fears the disappearing night" probably referring to the fact that when Kido was little she couldn't control her powers and was terrified of disappearing, so often clung to Kano. When does talk about them, he sort of adopts their appearances, wearing Seto's hairclips and appearing as a female version of himself. So check it out, don't listen to Kano at the end when he tells you its all a lie, because he's just trying to laugh it off and make you feel better

Before I leave this song, I'd like to point out that when you see Kano's imitation of Kido, he's asking for those around him to listen to his greed. I like Ayano and Shintaro as a couple, but since Kano is my favorite character, Kido being second, they are my favortite pairing! And I think that one line shows how he likes her, but doesn't want to burden her with his feelings. I really wanted a song about their relationship, whether it be romantic or simply friendship, I think it could be beautiful. I hope the manga goes over their relationship more, I'd love to see them as how they were as kids since apparently Kido was crybaby and Kano thought she was cute. Bye-bye
~Nadeshiko-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment