Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hana Kimi Review

                Hey it’s Ms. Lee Min Ho, so this weekend I went to the anime expo and it was freaking awesome. I saw a really great kpop stand and bought a CNblue poster and I freaked out when I saw the stand. I also bought a CNU charm which is so adorable. But, the only thing that sucked was that I wasn’t able to see Wong Fu Productions because they didn’t go and on the upside I was able to meet a person who actually works in funamition and he knew Wong Fu Productions. But the overall experience was awesome and I hope I could go again the up in coming year.  Today I am reviewing a Japanese drama Called Hana Kimi. It came out on July 3rd 2007, and ended on September 18th, 2007. It has 12 episodes plus a special that came out in 2008. Each episode is less than 50 minutes.  I didn’t like the drama mostly because the way it ended it really disappointed me.
                Mizuki Ashiya transfers to an all boy school in Japan called Osaka High School. That means that she has to cross dress as a boy and the main reason she does this is to get close to her favorite high jumper Izumi Sano. She goes because she wants to help him jump again. The reason he stopped jumping was because one day I think he was trying to defend a girl which ended up being Ashiya from a guy and he ended up hurting his foot.  Since that accented he stopped jumping .Mizuki’s goal ending up being  to help him start jumping again. As, days pass she gets close to all the boys and many unexpected things happen.
                I really enjoyed the drama at first and it was really interesting. The actors were great and I felt Shun Oguri played Izumi Sano perfectly. Maki Horikita ended up playing Mizuki Ashiya well but she always ends up in the dramas that I don’t really end up liking. But, overall I felt like she played her character very well and did a perfect job. My favorite character in the drama was Shuichi Nakatsu played by the one and only Toma Ikuta. His character is so cute and I love when he talks to himself. I feel really bad because he ends up being the 3rd wheel and thinks that he is gay for Mizuki Ashiya. At the end he didn’t care anymore if Ashiya was a girl or not and accepted his feeling towards her. The main reason I kind of liked this drama was because of him he really did make me enjoy it. But, the thing that really ruined the whole drama for me was the ending and the special. In the end she leaves the school and maybe months or a year passes and she reads a letter explaining how all the guys were coming to California to visit her. That really got in my nervous because I never remember seeing a kiss between the two main characters and was hoping that would happen in the end. They didn’t really end up together and I was so disappointed. The ending could have been way better. So then when I saw the special I thought ooo this might actually make the drama better but no it just made it worse.  The special was just a lost episode. The ending was her going back to the school for their graduation. Ashiya and Oguri end up together but they don’t even kiss once and nothing really happened only them confessing to each other. The ending just destroyed the whole vibe for me and if it ended better I think this would have been one of my favorite dramas.
                I give this drama a 6 out of 10 monohorns because the end just ruined it for me I kind of regretted watching this drama because of the way it finished. I would have just been happy watching it half way but I felt that Toma’s character really saved the drama for me because he actually made it funny and sad at times. I don’t know if I would re watch this drama again and if I do the only reason that I would is because I would want to see Ikuta acting. I wouldn’t know if I would recommend it I think I would if you like gender benders and school life but be ready for a sucky ending. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you enjoyed it!!!!!!

Question of the day: What is the worst gender bender drama that you have seen? Please leave your answer as a comment and leave your opinions of this drama.

Sorry couldn't find a good trailer.
Watch Drama:










No comments:

Post a Comment