Thursday, July 4, 2013

Honey and Clover Review

Hello, so todays review is going to be about Honey and Clover. This is a Japanese Drama and it was created on January 8th, 2008 and it ended on March 18, 2008. It has 11 episodes and each one is more than 40 minutes long. It is based on  Manga which was made into a anime, then movie and now drama with the same name. This drama was very enjoyable and simple overall.  
                Honey and Clover is based on 5 college students. Takemoto Yuta feel in love as soon as he saw the new art student of his school Hanamoto Hagumi. She immediately became friends with him and his 3 other friends which are Yamada Ayumi, Mayama Takumi, and Morita Shinobu. Many unexpected things happen through this drama and you get to see what ups and downs the 5 students must go through.

                The drama was a very simple it really just talked about 5 college students figuring out what they want to do in the future. My favorite character was Takemoto Yuta played by Ikuta Toma I thought he was very adorable and I felt so bad for because he liked Hanamoto Hagumi played by Narumi Riko. I felt bad because she ended up falling for Morita Shinobu played by Narimiya Hiroki. I was so mad that she fell for him because I was hoping that Yuta and she would together. I got so annoyed with Mayama Takumi because he was inlove with Teshigawara Miwako who is played by Takizawa Saori and her husband actually died.  Takumi follows her like a lost puppy and doesn’t leave her alone. I just get so annoyed because he doesn’t realize how much Yamada Ayumi played by Harada Natsuki actually loves him. I know that he can’t force himself to love her but he makes her go through so much pain I feel that he just doesn’t care what she goes through and it really irritates me. Instead, he prefers going after a widow who still loves her husband and might or might not like Shinobu back so it gets so bothersome. I really liked the episodes in which Yuta decides to travel nonstop with his bicycle because at that point he has no idea what he wants to do in life. The only reason he has stayed motivated was because of a note that Hagumi wrote for him. I just really liked that afterwards he knew what he wanted to do and he was more confident. Afterwards, he also got the guts to confess to Hagumi even though he knew that she doesn’t have the same feeling towards him. This drama was just so wonderful I first I hesitated on watching it because I thought it was going to be boring. I thought it was going to be dull because it was just about high school students but no I ended up really liking it. The main reason I watched this drama was because I found out that Ikuta Toma was in it but at the end I adored it so much. It was more than just college students it was about the troubles they went through, the heartbreaks, no knowing what they want to do in the future, and it just faced everything that many young people go through in one point of their lives.
                I give this drama an 8.9 out of 10 not exactly a 9 because I felt that it was to short and should have been longer. Also, because the people I wished ended up together didn’t end up with each other which really got me annoyed. But, if you want romance and school life I totally recommend this drama for you. Thanks so much for reading my post check out my last post which was about my top 15 kpop songs /MVs of January through June.






Question of the day: Which drama did you have low expectations for but ended up loving? Please leave a comment answering this question as well as your opinions on this drama. THANKS!!!!

Trailer (closet thing i could find to a trailer):















Watch Drama:



No comments:

Post a Comment