Thursday, July 11, 2013

To the Beautiful You Review

                Hey it Ms. Lee Min Ho, todays review is the Korean version of Hana Kimi. It is called To the Beautiful You it came out on August 15, 2012 through October 4, 2012 and it has 16 episodes; each of the eps is about more than 60 minutes. The whole Hana Kimi serious is based on a manga with the same name. I liked this version better then the first Hana Kimi version.
                Koo Jae-Hee favorite high jumper Tae-Joon stopped jumping from an injury he ended up getting. She decides to apply to an all boy school that Tae-Joon goes to. She ends up going to that school trying to help him jump again. She gets really close to all the guys and she starts feeling bad for keeping that she is a girl a secret. What will happen when everyone discovers that she is a boy?
                The drama was good I didn’t fall in love with it though. I felt that it was super adorable and cute. Minho who plays Kang Tae- Joon and who is also from shine fit the role super wheel. He does seem like a very serious person in real life so I’m pretty sure that it wasn’t too hard for him to do the role. Koo Jae-Hee who is played by Sulli from F(x) was just super girlish and didn’t fit the role too much. She just looked too much like a girl to even be seen as a guy and acted to cute as well; the makers of the drama should have gotten more of a manlish girl in my opinion. But, overall her acting wasn’t too bad and I did like it. But, my overall favorite character was Cha Eun-Gyeol played by Lee Hyun-Woo. I feel in love with his character usually I hate cute type of guys but it was just too hard not to like him. I felt really bad for him because he really did care for Jae-Hee and would do really anything for her. There was this part in the drama were he images how married life would be with her but he obviously thinks that she is a guy and I thought that part was so funny and delightful. Then their kid comes and asks him which daddy did he come out from hahhahaha I love that part. But, there was this episode in which the guys have to dress up like girls for a competition and Koo was picked to dress like a girl. When she was all dressed up I thought how stupid must these boys be not to realize that she is a girl and it really got in my nervous but I just went with the flow and ignored it. But, I really did like this drama and I enjoyed it. I felt that the ending and the whole drama was better than the first Japanese version of the drama. I really liked the dorms they had they looked so modern I want to go to a school like that.
                I give this drama a 8 out of 10 monohorns I give it this rating because I felt that Sullie was just to of a girl for gender benders and could have picked a more boyish girl like Amber who is in the same kpop group. This drama was very adorable and enjoyable. If you want a school life, gender bender, and romance type of drama this is for you. I wished that the group Shinee would have guest starred in the drama it would have been really exciting and I would have freaked out. Thanks for reading my post check out my last review which was Hana Kimi.


       Question of the day: What is the cutest gender bender you have seen? Leave your answer in the comments and your opinion on this drama and THANKS.


Trailer:















Watch drama:
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4136/To_the_Beautiful_You/


No comments:

Post a Comment