Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hana Kimi Remake Review

                Hello it’s Ms. Lee Min Ho; so I’m super excited because Infinite is coming out with a min album called Destiny and I just can’t wait for it!!!! Today’s review is going to be about a Japanese drama called Hana Kimi remake. It is related to Hana Kimi and To the Beautiful you who they are all based on the same manga named Hana Kimi.  The drama came out on July 10 and ended on September 18, 2011. It has 16 episodes and they were all less than an hour long. I prefer this version of Hana Kimi more than the other ones i felt more connected to the characters.
                Mizuki Ashiya movies to japan and ends up going to an all boy school which means she has to pretend to be a boy. The main reason she does this because she wants Izumi Sano to jump again and she wants to be with him while he is facing this hard time. She is doing this because as she was a high school student in California she actually meet him there and he told her something that has always made her feel better during her hard times so she wants to pay him back. But what will happen when everyone finds out that she is a girl?
                I was hesitant on seeing this version of the drama because I hated the first version even though I loved Ikuta Toma’s character in it. But, I ended up loving this drama even more then the Korean version because I felt that in this we get closer to all the characters and got to know them better.  I didn’t like Shuichi Nakatsu played by Shohei Miura as much as I thought I would because I always end up really liking that character; I started caring for him more towards the end though. I think my overall favorite character was Minami Nanba played by Ren Kiriyama I just felt that he was very mature and that he truly cared about everyone. He always had something good to say and made people feel better. My second favorite character was Taiki Kayashimi played by Tomo Yanagishita I don’t really know why I ended up liking him I think mostly because he was always there for Mizuki Ashiya played by Atsuko Maeda. Mizuki Ashiya did an amazing job she really did remind me of the original girl who played her character in the first Hana Kimi she was so adorable. But, again she looked too much of a girl; these guys are freaking idiots not to notice that she is actually a girl. Izumi Sano played by Aoi Nakamura did a great job he really reminded me of Minho who played his character but the Korean version. Oooo and I also thought Ren Kiriyama looked so much like Hiro Mizushima who played the same character as Kiriyama in the first version. I liked that in this Hana Kimi when they had to pick a guy to dress up like a girl they did pick
Ashiya to dress up like a girl but in the end she didn’t dress up like a girl. I felt that the creator thought about it that if she actually dresses like a girl her secret would have been found out by everyone. The overall drama was great and I loved it. We got to see the soft side of many of the character wish I adored.

                I give this drama a 8 out of 10 monohorns because how could a school full of boys not figure out that a girl is living with them.  I know it’s a gender bender drama but it should have been obvious that she is a girl. But I really enjoyed it and I loved how we got to know the character very well in this version of the drama and not just the 2 main characters. If you want a gender bender, school life, and romance this drama is it. Thanks for reading my post please go check out my last post which was about To the Beautiful You.

Question of the day: Which of these 3 versions of Hana Kimi did you enjoy the most? Please leave a comment answering this question and your opinions of this drama

Sorry couldn't find a good trailer.
Watch Drama:

No comments:

Post a Comment