Saturday, June 22, 2013

Asuko March Review

                Hey so today I’m going to review
Asuko March. This is a Japanese drama it started on April 24, 2011 through July 3, 2011. It is based on a manga with the same name as the show and the show is about 50 minutes long and only has 9 episodes. I really enjoyed this drama more than I thought I would.
                Nao Yoshino is entering high school and entered and technical high school called Asuko. She entered this school after failing her entrance exam to an all-girl school which she always wished to enter. She lives with her grandfather and he always told her how amazing the school Asuko was but never told her that it was an all-boys school. She and another 2 girls were the only girls in that school but one ended up leaving so it was only 2 girls left. As she enters the school she hates it and all the boys around her end up disliking her. But, throughout the drama you see her getting use to the school and getting to know amazing people and maybe falling in love.



                When I started this drama I thought I was going to hate it because one girl in a all-boys school; it didn’t sound too good for me. I thought that this drama was just going to be perverted and the acting was just going to be exaggerated but I was so wrong. The drama was just so amazing and I really ended up liking it. What I really liked was that at the end Nao Yoshino played by Emi Takei actually got a long with all the guys and she started to really befriend them but then when all the guys found out that she was going to transfer they got mad at her. They started accepting the idea of her moving especially after realizing that she was  a really good person they were just upset that she was moving and thought that she was going to forget about them but then they started to want the best for her. One of my favorite characters was Makoto Tamaki played by Kento Kaku at first he was kind of annoying because he really disliked Nao Yoshino because he knew that she didn’t want to be in the school and he just saw her as more of a bother. But, he started to fall for her because he noticed that she really did care for others. I was hoping so much that Nao Yoshino was going to like him as well and it did seem in the begin that she started liking him but stuff happened . Then there is also Yujin Yokoyama played by Tori Matsuzaka who was a host and Noa Yoshino ended up liking him especially that they almost kissed the first time that they meet. My second favorite character was Satomi Hirose played by Takuya Ishida. The reason I really liked him was that he looks like a super strong guy but he was so gentle and he really liked Momo Aizawa played by Ayame Gouriki who was the second girl in school. He made a music box for her which I thought was the cutest thing ever but she was such a jerk and just made fun of his gift. I got tremendously mad and I got so frustrated; he ended up breaking the box and Nao Yoshino was so nice and rebuilt thebox for him I really liked those episodes. The character I hated the most was Momo she was so annoying the only reason she was in that school was to slut around with the guys and wanted the guys to make her feel pretty and also because she was bullied by other girls in her middle school. Yoshino tried making friends with her and treated her nice but Aizawa was such a bitch and just treated her rudely. Over all I really enjoyed this drama but the only thing I didn’t like was that Nao Yoshino always did everything right I felt that she should have done one thing wrong so she wouldn’t look super perfect and so people could see that she is an unperfected person and she can’t fix every problem that comes her way.

                I give this drama an 8 out of 10 monohorns. I give it this rating because Aizawa was able to fix all her problems and everyone else’s which I felt that they should have just added one episode in which she knew should couldn’t fix that problem but everyone still accepted her. I know it sounds odd but I hate perfect characters that could fix every problem.  I also wish that she ended up liking Tamaki because you could see throughout the episodes that he really cared about her and I just feel in love with him. But I do recommend this drama to anybody who really wants to see something about friendship, love, and one girl in an all-boys school. Please leave a comment answering this question: What are your favorite Japanese dramas?. Thanks and bye!!!!! and please leave a comment about your opinion on this drama thanks ones again.



Watch Trailer (Closet thing i could find to a trailer): 















Watch Drama: 

No comments:

Post a Comment