Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Akai Ito Review

                Kon'nichiwa; todays review is going to be about a Japanese drama that I absolutely loved. It is called Akai Ito. It started on December 6, 2008 and ended on February 28, 2009. It has 11 episodes and each episode is about 50 minutes long. So, it’s a pretty fast watch in my opinion well compared to Korean Dramas.
                The drama revolves around Takemiya Mei and Nishino Atsushi. They first meet when they were little as Takemiya was buying her birthday cake and oddly enough it was also his birthday. Also, they were both born on Leap year so their Birthday only comes every few years. So, after that meet they never see each other again until they get into high school and they meet again. They become friends and realize that they actually meet when they were small. They kind of start going out but then they break up for reasons and Mei ends up really heartbroken. Throughout the whole drama you get to know each character better and you see how even though Takemiya and Nishino go through many things they are meant to be. This drama was based the best-selling novels of 2007 I think the novel has the same name. The whole drama mostly revolves around the red string of fate.
                The show was just perfect for me. I love tragic romances and this was just it for me. I seriously was crying when the drama ended. So, many things happened to Mei, Atsushi, and especially their friends. I had so many emotions throughout all of it especially when Takahashi Riku who is play by Kimura Ryo was going out with Mei and the way he treated her got me so mad but in the end he did something so nice that it was just so hard to hate him even though he really hurt Mei. Nakagawa Sara who is played by Sakuraba Nanami was one of my favorite characters. She was a Lolita and she had a big crush on Riku but she did something that I felt was so dumb and she shouldn’t have done. I felt that she should have actually talked to Mei to figure out things instead of doing what she did.  But the concept of the red string of fate was something that I really loved. Throughout the whole drama you see that Takemiya Mei played by Minamisawa Nao and Nahino Atsushi played by Mizobata Junpei were meant to be even though they had to go through many obstacles. Even if someone doesn’t see each other for some time that doesn’t mean they aren’t meant to be. I remember watching Sky of Love a Japanese movie and drama and Hiro’s sister told Mika if you guys are meant to be you would come across the same path in the future. I felt that; that line fit in so well with both dramas and it was so sweet. Throughout watching Akai ito I just thought about that line. Everyone did such an amazing job they portrayed their characters  so well and brought out so many emotions out of me.

                I give this drama a 10 out of 10 monohorns because I found this drama so perfectly made; well for me. I just loved it so much and I would totally see this show again. If you want a high school, romance, and tragedy type of thing to watch this would be perfect for you. Well Sayōnara and see you next time please check out my last post which was about Answer Me 1997. Thanks!!!

Watch Trailer: 












Watch Drama:

No comments:

Post a Comment