Saturday, June 8, 2013

1 Liter of Tears Review

                Hello this is Ms. Lee Minho. I am a big Korean, Japanese, and Taiwanese drama fan. I also love Kpop. By my nickname you can see that I’m a big fan of Lee Minho he came out in my favorite and first drama ever which is boys over flower. So, basically every Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I will be blogging about dramas, Kpop, and Korean and Japanese movies.  So today I decided to review a Japanese drama named 1 Liter of Tears. It first came out in October 11, 2005 in Japan and ended in December 20, 2005. The Drama is about 40 through 50 minutes long each episode.  It is going to be hard to really give a good summary because it’s such a good drama and I don’t really want to give spoilers which I might accidently.
                1 Liter of Tears is based on a true story about Ikeuchi Aya. She finds out during her first year of high school that she got a disease that is not curable at all which is called cerebellum of the brain. This disease takes over her body slowly to the point that she can’t walk, talk, and move.  In the drama you see her ups and down and how her family must deal with it especially her mom. You also see her love life in this drama and how she has to deal with that.
                The actors of the drama are just incredibly talented especially Sawajiri Erika who plays Ikeuchi Aya. She just plays the main character so amazingly when she is in pain and crying you are in pain and crying with her. When she is happy and laughing you are happy and laughing with her. I am pretty sure this was a tuff role for her to play but she just does such a great job words can’t even express how astonishing she did. The mom who was played by Yakushimaru Hiroko was just so great as the mom. She shows the audience that at the end of the day mothers are really important because they are the ones beside you feeling your pain and trying to make you feel happy. I saw some of my mom in her as well the way she never quit reminded me of my mom.  The Last actor who made a great impact on me was Nishikido Ryo who plays the role of Asou Haruto. In every episode I started falling in love with him more each time. His personality towards the beginning was kind of cold hearted but you can see the affect that Ikeuchi Aya starts having on him over time. He is one of the people besides her family who really cares for her and would do anything and that’s just what got my heart. I can’t say more because then I will ruin the romance for the drama. Take in mind when you guys see the drama that this is based on a true story but some parts like the romance were not really part of her experience with the disease.  The rest of the cast did so amazing as well. So many parts of the drama got me so mad, sad, and happy.

                I give this drama a 10 out of 10 monohorns. It couldn’t have gotten better than it did. This drama makes you cheerful when you see her excited about entering high school and excited about liking someone. It gets you angry when you see how she is treated by her class mates and by the public just because she has something she can’t stop or control. It gets you sad seeing her wanting a better life asking why she is the one who got the disease. Seeing her mom and dad trying their best to make her happy and make her feel like normal. I seriously cried at the end of every episode especially that at the end they showed picture of the real Ikeuchi Aya and having to see how she was before and after the disease. If you want a heart touching drama and a really sad one I would recommend this one. I think even if you don’t want to see this drama you should still watch it because many people have to realize how people who get sick with anything how much they have to suffer and go through. This drama makes you see the world through her shoes. I want more international people to see this drama because more people need to know about her and others like her. There is also a book which the drama is based on I recommend everyone to read it hopefully if I am able to find it myself and be able to read it. So, please watch this drama it’s just so remarkable. This was my first blog in this channel I hope you guys enjoyed see you Tuesday with a new one. BYE!!!!

Trailer (Closet i could find to a real trailer):

No comments:

Post a Comment