Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Wallflower Japanese Drama Review

Hey, its Miss Lee Min Ho so todays review is about a Japanese drama called The Wallflower also known as Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. It came out on January 15 and ended on March 19, 2010. It has 10 episodes and all are less than 50 minutes long. The drama is based on a manga with the same name then turned into an anime then turned into a drama. I didn’t like the drama but didn’t hate it the main girl was kind of annoying at times which made me not like the drama as much.
                Sunako Nakahara use to be a “normal” girl until she confessed her love for a boy around middle school. He ended up rejecting her horribly and calling her ugly since then she started to like skeletons and took up a lot of odd interests. Her aunt Mine Nakahara owns a mansion and 4 young male students live there. She decided to let them live rent free if they help transform Sunako Nakahara into a beautiful young lady. When they meet her they realized that there task was almost impossible and one thing that they found out that she always did was scream every time she saw light and also when she say Kyohei Takano. They were able to change the way she looked in what a girl is considered to be pretty but they weren’t able to changer her personality.
                I found Sunako Nakahara played by Aya Omasa annoying I didn’t mind her interests or the way she looked but the way she acted. I didn’t like how she talked and every time she screamed it just got so irritating I didn’t mind it in the beginning but it literally started giving me a headaches.  Kazuya Kamenashi who plays Kyohei Takano did a pretty good but he didn’t do an amazing job. What I didn’t like about his character was that he was fangirled by all girls and he couldn’t live a normal life. It also destroyed the relationship between his mom and himself. I thought adding that what a bit too much because in reality girls might think you are handsome but they aren’t all going to fangirl to the point in which they are going to stalk you. I also didn’t like that he didn’t know what he felt for Sunako and his friends had to force it out from him. I wish that he knew how he felt and there was more romance between both of them in the drama. It would have made the whole thing cuter and I would have liked it more. What I enjoyed was that they weren’t really able to change her personality and at the end they were able to accept her for who she was. Also that Kyohei was able to fall for the person she really was and didn’t really care to change the way she acted.  At the end the show did have a nice meaning to it, which was that people who care for you and love you will like you for the person you are and won’t try to change you. But overall this drama wasn’t my favorite one, it should have had more romance between the main characters and Takano should have realized what he felt earlier.
                I give the drama a 6 out of 10 monohorns. It had more things that annoyed me instead of more things that I liked. I would watch this drama again in the future if I have nothing to see and maybe I will like it more or hate it more. But I liked that they ended up accepting her for who she really is and the main male lead ended up falling for her. If you liked the anime or manga you might like this I really don’t know if it follows it well but it might. I hope you enjoyed my review please check out my previous post which was about Kingyo Club Review .  Thanks for reading my post!! And have an amazing day!!!

              

  Question: What is a drama that really just aggravated you? Please leave a comment answering this question and your opinions on this drama.

Sorry couldn't find a good trailer.

Watch drama:


Please like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Monohorns
Check out our Google+
Follow us on twitter:https://twitter.com/monohorns96








No comments:

Post a Comment