Saturday, September 21, 2013

Operation Proposal Korean Version

Hey its Miss Lee min Ho; today'sOperation Proposal. It came out on February 8, 2012 and ended on March 29, 2012. It has 16 episodes and each is longer than an hour. The Korean drama is based on a Japanese drama called Operation Love also known as Proposal Daisakusen. I preferred the Japanese version way more the then Korean version. I felt that this version just dragged on too much and it changed many parts of the original one that I enjoyed.
review is going to be about a Korean drama called
                Kang Baek-Ho is best friends with Yi-Seul but the only problem is that she is getting married. Baek-Ho just realized how much he really has loved her over the past 20 years but he feels like it’s too late now to tell her because she is getting married. He goes to the park after the wedding happens and starts’ crying then someone appears out of nowhere. The guy tells him that he could send him back to the past to try to fix things so Yi-Seul won’t get married. He agrees to do it and ends up going back to the past but the problem is that he wasn’t able to fix anything. He comes back and begs the man to send him back to the past again. This keeps on happening throughout the drama and he ends up making changes but Yi-Seul keeps on getting married with the same person every time he comes back to the present. Will anything change between them by the end?

                The drama started of great I had really high expectations because I ended up loving the Japanese version so much but sadly the drama ended up disappointing me. Kang Baek- Ho who was palyed by Yoo Seung-Ho did a pretty good job but his personality was so different from the Japanese version of him. Baek-Ho seemed a little bit more the happy go lucky type and the Japanese version seemed more reserved. I wish that they were a little more similar but I still like both of the characters. When I first saw Seung-Ho I was so surprised because he looks exactly like Min Hyuk from CNBlue.  Park Eun-Bin played Ham Yi-Seul did a great job; I really liked her character I preferred her over the Japanese version the Japanese version of her just frustrated me and annoyed me at times but the Korean version didn’t. I loved how Eun-Bin’s character dressed and her acting was good as well. Kwon Jin-Won was played by Lee Hyeon-Jin I didn’t like his character much’; once again I preferred the Japanese version because he was much nicer and Kwon was kind of meaner in the beginning which made me not care much for his character. I liked that this drama went more in depth with Baek-Ho’s past and we got to learn about him mom and dad. It made me feel more connected to his character and understand everything he has been through.  Knowing his background also made me understand why he got so attached to Ham Yi-Seul and her family. I also really liked that they added one more character which was Jo Jin-Joo who is played  by  Park Jin-Joo. I really loved her character and I loved how she was able to grow through the years mostly because Song Chan-Wook played by Ko Gyung-Pyo was there to help her. I didn’t like that she was kind of ignored in a few episodes so I had no idea what she was up to but then they added her again and one of the episodes that she came out again made me cry. But overall I felt that this drama just dragged on, after episode 11. I wish that they didn’t add the part were Baek-Ho and Ham Yi-Seul ended up together in the past but then in the present she still ends up getting married to Kwon that part just ruined the whole drama for me. I thought, “well he lost her now he is not going to be able to get her again”. I just mostly got board until the last 3 episodes which really brought me to tears because so many things happened and were pretty sad but I still felt that they were unnecessary to add. They should have just stayed with the Japanese story line and not changed a lot of things. They could have changed stuff but not have made it dragged on, I wouldn’t have minded that.
                I give this drama a 7 out of 10 monohorns because some episodes really did make me cry. We also got to know more about Baek-Ho and his background with his family. I also really liked the addition Jo Jin-Joo. But the thing that ruined the drama for me was that it didn’t stick much to the Japanese drama and it just dragged on for me I couldn’t stand watching some episodes. That’s all I have to say about this drama please check out my pervious review The Wallflower Japanese Drama Review and my review for the Japanese version Proposal Daisakusen/ Operation Love Japanese Versi... . Thanks and please check out the rest of our blog.


Question: If you have seen both versions of the drama which one have you liked more? Leave a comment answering the question and your opinions on the drama.


Trailer: 



Watch Drama:


Please like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Monohorns
Check out our Google+

Follow us on twitter:https://twitter.com/monohorns96


No comments:

Post a Comment