Thursday, September 26, 2013

At Nishiki-kun's Mercy ~ Snake on the Love

Chi and Nishik i~ Hamster and Snake
Konnichiwa~
Sorry I didn’t post last week, I was pretty stressed and sort of just forgot about my post deadlines. But I’m posting now and reviewing a cute and a tolerably  cliché 2013 shoujo manga called Nishiki-kun no Nasugamama by Shiraishi Yuki. It only one volume, the series complete in Japan and I think it just needs one more chapter for it to be completely scanlated. Let’s begin:
Chika “Chii” Konomi is a very timid and small girl, she’s like a hamster. Since primary school, she hasn’t had any friends. Why? Because she’s always be monopolized by Ikumi Nishiki, a childish and spoiled rich boy. When he’s around, she feels like she has to take care of him and often feels trapped, like he’s the snake coiling around her, the hamster. She decided to attend different high school from him, hoping to finally escape and have a normal high school life, but on the first day he arrives, buys the seat next to her with a suitcase of money, and has her feed him eggrolls during lunch. Chii wants to escape from his grasp, but once he distances himself, she feels oddly lonely. And soon she can’t help but notice that her heart races when she’s with him.
The romance is very cute, I really love it when the male lead is a possessive lover, a rather innocent possessive lover in this case, which is I found interesting since most possessive lovers’ are usually experienced when it comes to dating. He’s handsome, loving, his actions are charming, and I feel like some of his lines will make any girl swoon. But adorable as this manga is, it still has the fault that most one volume mangas have: lack of development.
Nishiki loves Chii and always wants
to be by her side,  he wants to be
the closet one to her, and to
monopolize her attention, which is
pretty cute
Chii does start making friends, but her life is heavily centered around Nishiki and their love. I love romances, but I don’t like seeing only one aspect of someone’s life. We never see Chii or Nishiki make friendships or other human connections. I personally find that little bland. Chii is also pretty generic as a female lead. As much as I like her and find her cute, she’s still a typical timid and shy shoujo girl who can’t do too much on her own. I felt we saw Nishiki grow a little as he learned about love and taking care of Chii instead of having her take care of him, but we don’t really see Chii grow at all. We just see her realize that she likes Nishiki.

But despite that, I really enjoyed reading this manga and I can’t wait for the finally chapter. Its not the best character development around, but couple is charming and their interactions are adorable. That's all for now, sorry again for missing my post and for posting so late today. Goodnight
~Nadeshiko-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment