Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sky of Love Drama Review

                Hey it’s Ms. Lee Min Ho and today I will be reviewing the Japanese drama version of Sky of Love. The movie and manga were just incredible. The drama didn’t really fallow the manga so it kind of annoyed me but it was still good and amazing. The drama came out a year after the movie; it came out on August 2, 2008 and ended on September 13, 2008. It has only 6 episodes and it less than 50 minutes long. The drama was good and I did get emotional as I saw it but the movie was way better.
                Mika is a high school student and you could consider her a goody two shoes type of girl. She went to a class to see a boy that her best friend liked as she saw the boy she bumped into a boy named Hiro. Hiro from nowhere kissed her as she went back to the class. She never imaged that her first kiss would be Hiro a bad boy type. Her friends tell her to go out with another boy from her class that likes her. As they were on a date, Hiro saw them and gets jealous. He ends up taking her away from the date and from there many things start changing for Mika and they must overcome many obstacles together.
                The drama was good but not great I feel that they made changes that they shouldn’t have made. Like Mika going out with another guy, in the beginning and Hiro kissing her right away. I felt that it took away the romance that the original story had.  They should have left the beginning how it was. I also thought that the drama was going to cover more things that the movie couldn’t cover from the manga. I was disappointed that they didn’t wish it did. Even though many things were changed, I still felt the pain that Mika who was played by Erean Mizusawa and Hiro who was played by Koji Seto had to go through. At first I wasn’t too excited to watch the drama because Koji Seto just didn’t seem like the type to play Hiro. I felt that his image is to weak for Hiro. He ended up blowing me away and actually doing a good job but I still wish that they would have gotten someone else to play him.  Koji Seto did a good job she did feel like a Mika I will always prefer the original Mika though.  I really hated that they didn’t add the part where they had the whole conversation over the phone during the summer. I felt that’s when they both started feeling something for each other. In the drama It seemed that they just rushed it and Hiro feel in love with her without even knowing who she was. It still did have the important parts of the manga and movie which actually made Mika grow and the viewer’s love and hate Hiro. I really liked the end for the drama a little more than the end of the movie because she ended up having a daughter and in the manga they showed her pregnant. In the movie that wasn’t added which they should have. It is a super important part from the manga. But I really enjoyed it; everyone should watch and read Sky of Love it’s truly an emotional and amazing story line.
                I give the drama a 8 out of 10 monohorns because many of the parts that I liked were changed which really made me not love the drama compared to the movie.  I really liked it though and it made me sad as well as happy. If you watched the movie first you will be a bit disappointed but if you haven’t read or even watched the movie then I feel that you will really enjoy it. That’s all I have to say please check out my pervious review which was  Sky of Love Movie Review . Thank you so much bye.

Question: Which version of Sky of Love did you like more?

I personally liked the movie over the drama but if it’s over everything the movie, manga, and drama I preferred the manga. I preferred the manga because it goes more in depth into Mika’s story and its more touching. 


Couldn't find a good trailer sorry. 

Watch drama:

Please like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Monohorns
Check out our Google+
Follow us on twitter:https://twitter.com/monohorns96























No comments:

Post a Comment