Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dream High Drama Review



                Hey it’s Ms. Lee Min Ho; todays review is about Dream High which is a Korean drama.  Fun fact the drama was made into a musical in Japan and one of my favorite actors came out in it which is Mizuta Kouki I freaked out when I learned about this fact.  The drama came out on January 3rd, 2011 and ended on February 28th, 2011. It has 16 episodes and each is longer than an hour. I loved this drama more than I thought I was.  
                I feel that I can’t really summarize this drama. It’s just really complicated to summarize and will take up half of the post because there are many characters to summarize which each is important. So if you want to check out the plot just check it out here  http://asianwiki.com/Dream_High_-_Korean_Drama.     

                It took me a long time to decide whether or not to watch the drama because I thought the characters were going to be singing the whole time and it wasn’t going to have much meaning to it. But, I was way wrong the songs were great but each character had so much meaning to the drama. I feel that all the characters made the drama and all are needed to make the show as amazing as it is. Okay, let’s start with my favorite character which is Kim Pil-Suk played by IU. I feel that Pil-Suk is such an amazing character in the drama and she really had an impact on me. I just loved her so much she was just so astonishing. I was glad that she was chubby and even though she got judged she still went after her dreams. Also, what made her super remarkable was that she was always super happy and bubbly. She even had the guts to confess to her crush which really made me like her even more. I was kind of disappointed for the reason that she lost weight was just for a guy. I felt that the guy she liked shouldn’t have been her reason to lose weight I feel that she should have been her own reason. But, I just feel that her character really motives the audience to go after what they love even though there might be malicious people and many obstacles it doesn’t matter as long as you enjoy it.  My second favorite character was Jason played by Wooyoung he is Pil-Suk’s love interest. He is just a character that is just perfect he is someone that you cannot hate. I loved that he didn’t care about looks because he loved Pil-Suk for her motivation and her happy personality. He didn’t care if she was fat or skinny. He just saw what was in her and for him she was beautiful not matter what. He is just the perfect guy that anyone wants to be with. Ko Hye- Mi played by Bae Suzy is the main character of the drama she did a great job. I liked that she was really self-centered in the beginning and she really cared for her sister because that was the only person she had. She has many family issues so that created her tough personality but I loved how throughout the drama you see her soften up towards people and start loving what she is doing.  She wasn’t my favorite character especially in the beginning but she ends up being a great person at the end and I end up liking her. Song Sam-Dong played by Kim Soo-Hyun he was just so great I can’t explain, his character was just so happy go lucky in the beginning but slowly he starts become depressed and lonely.  The actor did such an amazing job portraying his character. My favorite scene of the whole drama was when Sam-Dong hearing goes away at times and he has to do this performance- competition thing in which he has to sing but everybody is scared that his hearing may go away while he performance. Hye-Mi tells him that she will help him if that happens by giving him hand signals. He starts performing and right away his hearing goes away and he doesn’t start of well. Hye-Mi helps him and at that point he starts sing with all his emotions and the performance ends up being remarkable when you see that part you will start crying it so heart touching and emotional. There is so much to say about this drama and more characters to talk about but not enough time. These are my overall favorite character and the ones who really touched my heart. This drama is so different from other dramas and even the romance is different. At one point you might think that Hye- Mi might end up with someone but something else happens and I loved that they were able to trick me.

                I give Dream High a 10 out of 10 monohorns. It ended up being way better than I expected and it ended up being one of my favorite dramas. It’s so emotional and heartwarming you get close to all the characters. You see what they all have to go through in their life and you get to see all there obstacles. The ending of the drama was bitter sweet it’s hard to explain without giving a spoiler but I cried at the end. I recommend this to anyone so if you haven’t watched it please check it out its incredible. I haven’t seen Dream High 2 and I will not watch I just don’t think it’s going to be as great as the original one and I don’t want to get disappointed. Check out my previous review My Top Kpop and Jpop of July 2013
               
                Question: What’s your favorite character in Dream High and why? Please leave a comment answering the question and about your thoughts of this drama. THANKS!

My favorite character is Pil-Suk because she is always working towards her dreams even though she might be judged by the way she looks. Also, Jason because he loves someone for the way they are and not their appearance.

Trailer:















Watch:
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/3900/1/Dream_High/?ap=1


Sam-Dong losing his hearing:

















Please like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Monohorns
Check out our Google+
Follow us on twitter:https://twitter.com/monohorns96



No comments:

Post a Comment