Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kagerou Days Update

Takane meets the snake with "Eye
Opening" power
Konnichiwa~
I haven’t posted in forever! I mean, it’s already 2014!!! I literally haven’t posted since last year.
For my first post of the year, I’m going to a Kagerou Day’s update. Since I stopped posting, chapters 17-19 came out and they were amazing! I freaked out reading each and ever chapter!
Let’s start with chapter 17
The Ene’s mysterious past is completely revealed, and now its certain that she and Haruka have been experimented on. Kenijrou-sensei has betrayed both of them, he’s been planning on using them for experimentation for the past year, possibly longer since he states that preparation took a year, he never mentioned how long he spent planning it.
From my understanding, their experiment on Takane seems to have failed and she’s lost her body because of it. That’s just my theory, I could be wrong. Nonethelesss, the experiment on Haruka was a complete success and they now have a “key” and can open the next Heat Haze. What does this mean exactly? I’ll go over it in chapter 18.
Ene is born
Anyway, in this chapter we see Ene enter the Heat Haze, for the first time we see a character’s experience when obtaining their eye ability, and it was amazing. Entering the Heat Haze had always been a rather obscure idea. I loved the art for this scene, it was intense and beautiful, made even better by the simple line “Open your eyes”. You have the power, its there in front of you, you just have to open your eyes and accept it. Plus there's the fact that her snake is possessed by the "Eye Opening" power, referring to Takane's desire
for knowledge, to escape the shadow. Anyway, after accepting her new power, Takane recreated herself as Ene, and she began her virtual journey for knowledge, for a home. I love how after she opens her eyes, she says her eye burns. Knowledge is often symbolized as light, but when you've been in the ignorance of darkness, the light can burn. Beautifully written Jin! A great allusion to the Allegory of the Cave
Her flashback ends at the end of the chapter and we see the Mekakushi Dan heading to the base after their fun day at the amusement park. She doesn’t have all the answers, but she’s rather content.
Then we see Kuroha.
                                                                                                                                   
Now chapter 18 (oh my god, even thinking about it makes me freak out)
Kuroha is one the most frightening
 characters I've ever met.
Kuroha’s sudden appearance at the end of chapter 17 gave me a heart attack. I’ve only seen him in Outer Kano as “the ‘Deceiver’ from that time”, and tells him he’s gotten better at using it, ‘it’ being his eye ability of course. I might write too much about Kano, but my heart broke when he pointed the gun at him and said “Those wounds you hate so much are going to increase again” because I really think it’s a reference to the bruises Kano’s mother’s abuse created when he was a child, the bruises he desperately wanted to hide. The next scene: Kido screaming and rushing to his side, Seto charging bravely towards Kuroha, Momo blocking Mary, and Shintarou protecting Momo. The Mekukashi Dan takes care of each other, they are a family, even if Momo and Shintarou have only been there for a day, they share a bond. But, like Outer Science, their defenses are futile; he kills Seto, Kido, and metaphorically kills Ene. I know she wasn’t really dying, since the phone isn’t her body, but her crying as he crushed the phone was tragic.
Science (plus a few brief appearances in the other MVs), and all he did was murder my precious Mekukashi Dan members and mentally torture poor Mary. Anyway, he refers to
Before he can continue killing, Mary resets time.
What does this mean?
Well going back to Konoha being the key, I’ve come to a new understanding of Mary’s special powers. Mary has the ability to combine the snakes, which I believe will be key to the resolution of this series, but from my understanding of “Mary’s Fictional World”, the song and the bonus chapter, Mary has the ability to reset everything. Konoha is the key to the current timeline, but once he arrives he’ll become Kuroha and kill the Mekakushi Dan, forcing Mary to reset everything once again. This leads to alternative timelines and time loops that trap others.
Outer Science supports this with the scene of Kuroha suddenly appearing on the roadside, pushing Hibiya in front the truck.
I think it’s very likely that Seto and Kano are aware of the other timelines; Kano since he seems to be on top of everything and Seto probably has an idea of it because he’s so close to Mary and very aware of her.
I feel like Mary isn’t fully aware of what’s going on, I feel she resets time like an instinct to seeing her friends hurt.
Anyway, back to the chapter, we see time is reset, entering Shintarou’s nightmare full of regrets about Ayano’s death, very similar to the dark Shintarou in Lost Time Memory. Then he wakes up and we see chapter 1 again. It deviates from it though when Momo enters the room.
An alternate time line from my understanding.

Indifferent Hibaya
and fangirling Hiyori
appear.
Chapter 19
Hibaya and Hiyori enter the story and we see the 5 of them enjoy a shopping trip, well mainly Hiyori and Momo who quickly become friends. We get to see Hibaya be adorably shy about his feelings for Hiyori too~
A pretty pleasant chapter until the ending, when we see Hiyori asking for help as a truck comes towards her.
We’ll have to wait for the next chapter to see where this continues. I wonder if we’ll continue in this timeline or if we’ll move to a completely different one. It’s hard to say where this story will go. After all, for 18 chapters we thought we were in the main timeline, and then Kuroha appeared.
Which I have to say is genius. Jin made us comfortable, stable. Then suddenly Kuroha appears and everything shatters, it’s exactly how Mary feels; happy and content, surrounded by her precious friends, then she’s watching Kano, Seto, and Kido be murdered.
Genius, Jin knows the art of story telling.
Speaking of Jin, he’s a little liar!
Moving onto a completely different note, after Outer Science came out, he said he wouldn’t be making anymore videos, then Summertime Record (which I’ll review in a different post soon) came out. He announced once again there would be no more videos, stating a Shounen Brave MV would have too many spoilers and that they needed to focus on the anime (Mekaku City Actors), and I was heartbroken because I love the song Shounen Brave, its so sad and cute, its fits Seto perfectly.
But then on December 9th, he announced it would be included in Mekakcuity V’s. On Christmas Day, a screening of the PV took place in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka.
And now, we have a Shounen Brave MV!!!!
I was happy when I saw it, I was freaking out and texting Ms. Lee Min Ho.
I love how older Seto was watching his younger self, remembering his painful past and how he met Mary.
Anyway, here is the PV, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. That’s all for now, bye-bye
 ~Nadeshiko-chan



No comments:

Post a Comment