Saturday, October 19, 2013

Time Traveller: The Girl Who Leapt through Time Review

Hey, it’s Ms. Lee Min Ho I am back with a review for you today. I will be reviewing a Japanese movie called Time Traveller: The Girl Who Leapt through Time. This movie is based on a Japanese anime film called The Girl Who Leapt through Time. The movie came out on March 13, 2010 and it is 122 minutes long. This film was
way better than I expected it to be and the ending was very sad.
                Akari Yoshiyama is a high school student and her mom is a scientist named Kazuko Yoshiyama. Her mom makes this potion that will let people travel through time. She plans to use this so she could go back to the past and meet her love and give him something (I don’t remember too well). But she ends up getting into an accident and goes to the hospital. Her daughter visits her mom and her mom thinks that she might die so she tells Akari to take the potion and the letter she has so she could go back to the past during the 70s. Her daughter agrees then the mother tells her a specific day she must go back to. As Akari takes the potion she says the wrong date and ends up going later on which is kind of now too late. But she still tries to find her mom to try to figure out where the guy is at so she could still give him the letter. As she gets to the past she meets Ryota Mizorok, who helps her out but they end up developing feelings for each other.
                Akari Yoshiyama played by Riisa Naka did an amazing job I didn’t think she would do such a overwhelming job because I saw her in a drama before and I found her character very annoying but this time she did such a astonishing job. Akiyoshi Nakao played Ryota Mizorok he also did a great job, I fell in love with him throughout the film and I really liked the relationship that Yoshiyama and he had. This movie was so different from what I thought it was going to be. I really had no idea it was going to have romance in it and I never thought it was going to end the way it did. Mizorok wants to be a director so throughout the movie you see him trying to film his first movie and when Akari comes in she ends up helping him. You see that they fall for each other throughout the movie which is super cute but very weird because there is an obvious big age difference in their characters. There is this part of the film were he tells her that in the future they should meet up again were there are all these cherry blossoms. He then told her but you know I am going to be like in my 40s by then and you are still going to be young she said she knew but she really didn’t care. I thought that part was so cute it got to me so much.
 I am just going to give a lot of Spoilers now because I feel that I can’t review this without giving out my favorite parts which are in the end. Okay so she ends up meeting the guy her mom fell in love with, first she meets her mom but because she is in the 1970s her mom is really young she is in high school. She shows her a picture that her mom from the futures gives her with a boy and asks her mom from the past if she knew who he was. The mom said no that she had never met him. Akari finds it weird because her mom from the future gave it to her and her mom from the past has no idea who he is. She didn’t understand why until she meets Kazuo Fukamachi in the schools she first landed on when she came from the future. He explains to her what was going on and who he was. He told her he is from the future and that when he was younger he came to the past and her mom and him had a relationship. But he had to erase her mom’s memory because he knew he had to go back to the future because he isn’t meant to be in the past so he had to leave his one true love. I started crying during this part it was so sad I just couldn’t even handle it. Then Akari released that now she herself had to go back to the future and leave the person she fell in love with.  Fukamachi gives her a potion and tells her she could say her goodbyes. She spends her time with Mizorok and helps him make the ending for the movie which is by the cherry blossom trees.  When she was about to leave Mizorok takes a bus to go somewhere then she realizes that the bus he is going in crashes and everyone in it dies. She goes runs after Mizorok to try to prevent him from entering then…. I am not going to say more because I don’t want to spoil it even more but huhhh I don’t even know what to say. This movie was just so good; it takes out all your emotions and leaves you emotionally tired towards the end.
                I give the film 9 out of 10 monohorns because it was so great I really have nothing bad to say about it maybe that it just made me get tired towards the end but it’s such a great movie. I never thought it was going to have romance. I just thought she was going back to the past to help her mom out I never expected her to meet someone and fall for him. I really recommend this to anyone who wants something cute that makes you laugh and cry. It’s worth watching it and I have to watch the anime now, it must be great as well maybe even better. Thank you for reading my review please check out my previous post Top 5 Kpop songs of September 2013 thanks.

Question: What is your favorite anime movie that has been made into a live action movie?

Special announcement: Nadeshiko-chan and I decided to start a podcast type of thing and we just uploaded our first one which is about boys over flower on YouTube and on sound cloud please check it out. I will be uploading them every Sunday to both sites.

Sound Cloud
https://soundcloud.com/user99332107/boys-over-flowers














Watch Trailer:

















Watch Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWfZZ9eKUA

Please check out our blog:monohorns.blogspot.com/
Please like us on facebook:www.facebook.com/Monohorns
Check out our Google+: monohorns
Follow us on twitter:twitter.com/monohorns96






No comments:

Post a Comment